Friday, November 24, 2006

Getting ready for a big change...


When Lex and I decided we wanted to have a baby just 6 months after we were married, it soon became apparent that Heavenly Father's plan for us was different than what we had in mind. A year later, in December of 2005, we found out I was going to have a baby! Since it had taken a year for me to get pregnant, we were SO surprised, a little nervous and really really excited!


Pregnancy seemed like smooth sailing for me compared to all the horror stories I had heard. I NEVER threw up... and that's all I really need to say, right? The baby was healthy throughout the entire pregnancy, I worked and completed my junior year of college, and I had ALL my family close to help and support me.


Lots of fun projects, my version of what some might call "nesting", proceeded the arrival of our new bundle. Painting the nursery was probably the most fun for me. I fell in love with a very blue idea for the nursery, and ran with it.



With the house cleaned and organized, nursery prepared, baby supplies stocked up, bags packed, 30 extra pounds loaded on, and scheduled induction date for the next morning, I was ready for the baby to be here! Lex took this picture of me the night before I was to be induced.

0 comments: